Casey’s career spans over 35 years of Mechanical Design experience in various roles of increasing responsibility. He is comfortable and experienced in both technical and administrative leadership positions. Intimately familiar with all phases of product development from conceptual design, prototype, production, through product life design sustainability. His specific strength is designing for manufacturability. Casey understands the aspect of working to strict compliance of regulations such as ISO-9001, ISO-13485 and ASME standards to create compliant designs that ensure a safe, profitable, efficient, and easily produced end product.
- Functional manager of mechanical design department
- In the past he has been responsible for employee selection, development and performance
- Held reasonability for project budgets and schedules to ensure proper mechanical design engineering support to all areas of the company.
- Responsible for facilitating multi-discipline teams of fellow employees and suppliers, working to transition products from prototype design to manufacturing.
- Management of large and small scale projects
- Responsible for mechanical design from concept to production on varied products:
- Radiation measurement
- Video projection systems
- Military trainers and simulators
- Well versed in 3D CAD capabilities (including rapid prototype processes)
- In depth knowledge of PDM and PLM
- Primary liaison between my company and various key suppliers to ensure proper production of mechanical components.
- Signature on technical issues associated with mechanical part production, as well as Material Review Board chair for any “use as is” or repair requests.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of machining to include milling, turning and grinding.
- Hands on knowledge from working part time in a machine shop
Design for Manufacturing:
- Familiarity with assembly processes
- Part designs are creating with large or small scale operations in mind (based on either high or low volume production runs)